Marzulla Law assists a wide range of clients in environmental regulatory and compliance matters before federal and state regulatory agencies. As lawyers who have worked within the federal government on regulatory, compliance, and enforcement issues, Roger Marzulla and Nancie Marzulla understand the position that businesses and individuals find themselves in with regard to complex environmental regulations.
Over the years, we have assisted clients on a wide range of environmental regulatory matters involving statutes and regulations related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Clear Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Safe Drinking Water Act, Oil Pollution Act, and more. We understand the complex and technical aspects of environmental regulatory issues, particularly in the context of inverse condemnation.
We help businesses and individuals in response to environmental enforcement actions brought by regulatory agencies and are experienced in handling litigation at every stage of the regulatory process. In addition to responding to regulatory action, we assist with building strong environmental compliance programs so that businesses can plan more effectively across the entire regulatory landscape. We help our clients engage at every stage of the regulatory and policymaking process. In this regard, our partner Nancie Marzulla has testified before Congress, federal regulatory agencies, and in State legislatures on a variety of property, water, and environmental matters.
Our work spans nearly every federal agency and many state and local governmental bodies, such as:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS)
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Park Service
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Sample Environmental Regulatory Cases
- Represented an auto air pollution testing company in a challenge to federal Clean Air Act rules.
- Represented tile manufacturers in challenge to Clean Air Act rules
- Represented various corporations and organizations in challenges to Endangered species Act regulations.